Between 2012 to present, Penrith & Districts Basketball Association has visited 40 different Primary & High Schools in the Penrith & Districts area, running enjoyable and safe basketball clinics for just over 20,000 children and hundreds of Teachers. Penrith Basketball is also endorsed by Basketball Australia as a Sporting Schools provider.
These clinics are appropriate for all stages in Primary and High School and are very helpful for teachers wanting to grab a few basketball games along the way.
Penrith Basketball is offering schools:
- “HAVE A GO DAY” at your school during school hours. There is no cost for this program.
- A series of visits/clinics during school hours, over a period of 3, 5 or 10 weeks. – Options available
- A series of clinics after school hours, over a period – Options available
The program is designed via the syllabus to:
- Be ADDICTIVELY Fun
- Be Safe
- Gradually build confidence, self-esteem and resiliency
- Emphasise involvement and engagement
- Develop a healthy lifestyle
- Develop a relationship between elite and gross roots basketball
- Create a positive outlook on physical activity and life
- Be enjoyable for players, teachers, parents and coaches
- Be easy to implement
- Adapt to any locality
Please do not hesitate to contact Jarrod at the Association to discuss how we might visit your school to increase participation and interest in the sport of basketball.
If your school is interested all you have to do is contact or fill out our School Booking Form (Below) and send it to Jarrod at Penrith Basketball to make the necessary arrangements regarding days and times. All arrangements can be made to suit your school and we are always flexible to your needs.
School Clinic Booking Form: P&DBA School Booking Form
School Basketball visits or clinics can be organised through our Participation Officer, Jarrod Moore via email firstname.lastname@example.org or on 4731-3252.