Approved by the Board of Directors P&DBA Inc.
- Parents/spectators will abide by P&DBA/BNSW’s Parent/Spectator Zero Tolerance Policy and guidelines on Sports Rage.
- Encourage children to participate if they are interested. If they are not, don’t force them.
- Focus on playing the game, reducing the emphasis on winning.
- Teach children that an honest effort is as important as victory, so that the result of each game is accepted without undue disappointment.
- Encourage children to always play by the rules.
- Do not criticise children in front of others, but reserve constructive criticism for more private moments.
- Remember children are involved in sport for their enjoyment, not yours.
- Remember a child learns best by example. Applaud good play by all teams.
- Accept decisions of all referees as being fair and called to the best of their ability. Do not raise issues of disagreement publicly.
- Do not criticise opposing team members or supporters by word or gesture.
- Set a good example by your own conduct, behaviour and appearance.
- Support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from sporting activities.
- Avoid use of derogatory language based on gender, race or impairment.
NOTE: A breach of this code could result in up to a 12 month ban on attending events conducted by Penrith & Districts Basketball Association inc.